- (1) Merit of candidates against open, self-sustained, non-subsidized/self-finance, and reserved seats will be determined according to the following criteria:
- (a) 10% weightage to Percent marks in SSC Examination.
- (b) 40% weightage to Percent marks in Intermediate or equivalent examination (adjusted marks).
- (c) If ETEA test is conducted by the Government till closing date of UET Mardan admissions (31-08-2020) then the test percentage marks will be considered in calculation of merit. Otherwise, the entrance test percentage marks will be substituted with the SCC and HSSC subjects of Physics, Chemistry/Computer Science and Mathematics after the approval of Pakistan Engineering Council, Islamabad.
Breakdown: 10 percentage (10%) of marks obtained in matriculation examination (SSC).
40 percentage (40%) of marks obtained in intermediate examination (FSc).
50 percentage (50%) of the entry test will be replaced by the 10 percentage(10%) of
marks obtained in the subjects of Physics, Maths, and Chemistry / Computer Science)
of matriculation examination (SSC) , and 40 percentage (40%) of marks obtained in subjects of Physics, Maths, and Chemistry/ Computer Science of intermediate examination (FSc)
(2) To determine merit, total marks obtained by a candidate in Intermediate Examination shall be adjusted in the manner given below:
(a) For each additional attempt to pass or to improve Intermediate examination, (Part-I & Part-II), candidates will lose 10 marks. However, in any case, the total deduction of marks under this clause shall not exceed 20.
(b) Candidates taking Mathematics as additional subject shall also lose 10 marks.
- (c) If a candidate is Hafiz-e-Quran, he/she will get additional marks out of twenty, provided that he/she has a valid certificate from Wifaqul Madaris (or any other HEC-recognized board) and qualifies the test conducted by the Hafiz-e-Quran Evaluation Committee on the date and time notified for the purpose. Composition of the committee will be as under:
• Convener Admission Committee (Convener)
- • A Hafiz-e-Quran certified by a recognized Board/Madrassa (Member)
- • A college/University teacher teaching the course Islamic Studies (Member)
(3) In case of a tie in any merit position for admission, the marks obtained in Intermediate/ equivalent examination shall over-ride. In case of a further tie, the age of the applicants shall be the criteria and the older candidate shall get preference.